The International Safe Shelter Foundation accepts tax deductible donations. ISSF is a 501(c)3 public charity.
- Donations are urgently needed by the shelters we support. Both monetary and in-kind donations are accepted.
- In-kind donations needed include diapers, milk, personal hygiene items, blankets, children’s toys, and construction materials. The shelters are also in need of volunteer labor to assist with building repairs.
- ISSF has very low administrative costs. We do not maintain a physical location nor do we have paid employees, and all work is done by a volunteer board of directors. Because of this, close to 70% of the money donated goes directly to the organizations that we support.
We are always looking for board members who are interested in being actively engaged with the board. While we welcome anyone who is willing to help out, our greatest needs are in the areas of nonprofit legal and contract review, media, website design, fundraising, event planning, communications, or non-profit management expertise. We are also in need of Spanish-speakers who are willing to travel to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico a couple times per year. We are also looking for someone with experience in conducting grant management and financial reporting workshops who is able to do so in Spanish. We currently have 3 Officer positions available that we are actively recruiting for:
- Bilingual Liaison Officer Position Description
- Community Development Officer Position Description
- Social Media Officer Position Description
We also accept associate board members that help as needed when they have time. These members support our team with annual fundraising efforts, and input into meetings and activities.
Because our board members live in various locations, we usually hold meetings over Zoom so there are no geographic limitations on board members. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please send us an email with your resume and cover letter. We would love to invite you to a board meeting and get to know you better!